October 25, 2015
Like everyone else, you want your business event to have a successful outcome. Many underestimate the time and effort needed in planning and hosting a memorable business event. Whether you have a year or two weeks to plan your event, here are some tips to organize yourself and have everything run smoothly from start to finish.
• Conceptualize – It’s important to have a clear understanding of the purpose of your business event. First thing is to conceptualize your event and decide on your target audience. Is your event exclusive, by invitation only? Is It open to the general public? Once you have a clear vision and goal, your budget, location and content will have a solid foundation to work from.
• Budget – Everyone wants to have a jaw-dropping event. However, not everybody has that kind of budget. After you have chosen your theme and audience, set a preliminary budget of how much you can spend on the venue, catering, entertainment and additional services that you need. Once your budget is set, you will be able to research venue, catering, etc. and have it adapt to your price. It’s important to note that you may go over your budget, so prepare for additional costs that were not initially included in your budget.
• Create a to-do list – Trust us, you’ll forget things. No matter the size of the task, the list should be completed with every single thing you need to do. Decorations, invitations, catering, venue, transportation, accommodation – have your top priorities at the top of your list. If you have an assistant, who can take over these tasks, even better. Consistently follow-up with your assistant, lack of communication can result in uncompleted tasks. Make sure to communicate with the venue and hired services a week prior to the event, so that everyone is on the same page as you.
• Have a plan B – Computer crashed? Keynote speaker came down with strep throat? Have a backup plan and be prepared to adjust to the sudden changes in order to continue onward with your event.
• The Event – You can’t be everywhere at once. During the event, designate an individual who will be in charge of running errands and coordinating the event while you are hosting. As the host, you have to meet and greet everyone. Business events are created to get people communicating and networking. Introducing people to each other will create a comfortable environment and a bridge between the two individuals.
Take a deep breath and relax, just follow these tips and your event will be outstanding. All that hard work will certainly pay off.
Get weekly updates right in your inbox. Provide your email address here.
First impressions are everything in business. Whether you work at home, have a small office space in the city, or you are travelling, using an hourly office rental in Markham, Toronto, and surrounding towns can ..
As more individuals choose to work from home, the need for a long-term office space is on the decline. Many entrepreneurs see the benefit of working remotely in the early stages of their career. Starting ..
As a new entrepreneur, it can be a challenge to know where to start. There are so many structural, financial, production and process-related issues to take care of, while you want to grow your customer ..
Renting or leasing your own office may sound like an ideal scenario, but it will typically come with a big price tag. Fortunately, a short-term rental is the perfect solution. Part-time office rentals come fully ..
The ability to rent a small office space is not strictly reserved for established businesses. In fact, entrepreneurs can benefit in many ways from working out of a commercial facility. A business centre will provide ..