October 25, 2015
Like everyone else, you want your business event to have a successful outcome. Many underestimate the time and effort needed in planning and hosting a memorable business event. Whether you have a year or two weeks to plan your event, here are some tips to organize yourself and have everything run smoothly from start to finish.
• Conceptualize – It’s important to have a clear understanding of the purpose of your business event. First thing is to conceptualize your event and decide on your target audience. Is your event exclusive, by invitation only? Is It open to the general public? Once you have a clear vision and goal, your budget, location and content will have a solid foundation to work from.
• Budget – Everyone wants to have a jaw-dropping event. However, not everybody has that kind of budget. After you have chosen your theme and audience, set a preliminary budget of how much you can spend on the venue, catering, entertainment and additional services that you need. Once your budget is set, you will be able to research venue, catering, etc. and have it adapt to your price. It’s important to note that you may go over your budget, so prepare for additional costs that were not initially included in your budget.
• Create a to-do list – Trust us, you’ll forget things. No matter the size of the task, the list should be completed with every single thing you need to do. Decorations, invitations, catering, venue, transportation, accommodation – have your top priorities at the top of your list. If you have an assistant, who can take over these tasks, even better. Consistently follow-up with your assistant, lack of communication can result in uncompleted tasks. Make sure to communicate with the venue and hired services a week prior to the event, so that everyone is on the same page as you.
• Have a plan B – Computer crashed? Keynote speaker came down with strep throat? Have a backup plan and be prepared to adjust to the sudden changes in order to continue onward with your event.
• The Event – You can’t be everywhere at once. During the event, designate an individual who will be in charge of running errands and coordinating the event while you are hosting. As the host, you have to meet and greet everyone. Business events are created to get people communicating and networking. Introducing people to each other will create a comfortable environment and a bridge between the two individuals.
Take a deep breath and relax, just follow these tips and your event will be outstanding. All that hard work will certainly pay off.
Get weekly updates right in your inbox. Provide your email address here.
Every business owner wants their company to achieve impressive professional results. But the traditional corporate structure, whereby a business operates from a central hub in a hierarchal system with departmentalized employees, doesn’t work for every ..
Growth is essential for any startup – but as an entrepreneur, the question is where to start. Service-based professionals such as accountants, paralegals and consultants may begin and end their careers as home-based businesses. But ..
Modern co-working solutions suit different needs differently. Offices can now be rented by the hour, day, monthly or yearly depending on the need. While a telecommuter might need to do their work at a quiet ..
With the cost of downtown Toronto office space in 2019 soaring to over $30 per square foot, it’s easy to see why businesses of any size may be challenged by the rise of fixed costs. Overhead ..
For most business owners and leaders, regardless of industry or size of business, the significance of developing and maintaining cordial and long-lasting relationships with customers cannot be discounted. Market competition is far greater and more ..